All you need is this vegan tahini sauce to take your meal from good to ridiculously amazing! Easy, uses only 7 ingredients, and should be made asap!
If you know me, you know sauce is my bestie. I slather it on anything and everything and I have zero guilt. This new lemony tahini sauce is no exception. Use it as a drizzle, dipper, dressing or just spoon it into your mouth because it’s delish!
Vegan Tahini Sauce
If you are a sauce fan, you will love this sauce. I like that it’s a little different than our other go to sauces, like the Spicy Cilantro Cream Sauce I’m obsessed with. This one is creamy, nutty and has a perfect lemon tang.
What is tahini sauce made of?
Tahini sauce is a traditional middle eastern sauce. It’s made from crushed sesame seeds which make a paste called tahini. Lemon juice, garlic and water is added to make tahini sauce. Sometimes you have extras like spices or fresh herbs.
What does tahini sauce taste like?
Tahini sauce has a rich nutty earthy flavor, the garlic and lemon juice add extra flavor and help cut the earthiness. You can add things like cumin or fresh parsley too to give it a fresher feel.
Tahini sauce uses
Tahini can be used for so many things! Here are some common ways that we use it:
- Add it to hummus as an ingredient.
- Add it soups to give some creaminess.
- Use it as a drizzle on top of bowls and tacos.
- Use it to dip veggies and crackers in.
- Use it as a spread for wraps and sandwiches.
- Drizzle over Vegan Shawarma
Where do you get tahini?
If you’re looking in the grocery store, you can usually find tahini in the condiment aisle, but it could also be in the ethnic foods section.
If you want to buy it online, check out these links from Amazon:
Tahini sauce is best stored in a cool place in an airtight container. If you make this vegan tahini sauce recipe, using a glass jar like one of the options below is prefect:
How To Make Tahini Sauce
This is a super easy recipe to make! All you need to do is:
- Put everything into a blender and blend until nice and smooth.
- Serve on all your faves!
You can change up this recipe in many different ways. Adding other spices, seasonings and herbs helps keep this tahini sauce exciting!
- Spice it up with chopped jalapeño, cayenne or crushed red pepper.
- Fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro or oregano for an earthy twist.
- Fresh dill or mint for added flavor.
- You can even add other sauces like bbq sauce like I did in my Barbecue Tahini Sauce.
Recipes to use tahini sauce with
Here are some of our favorite recipes to use this tahini sauce on:
- Baked Vegan Gluten-Free Falafel
- Falafel sandwiches
- Falafel burgers
- Oven Baked Asparagus Fries Recipe
- Oven Fries Recipe
- Vegan Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- BBQ Tahini Power Bowl
- Easy Lentil Veggie Burger Recipe
The Best Vegan Tahini Sauce Recipe
Optional add ins:
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Put everything except any optional add ins into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add in any add ins, pulse to incorporate.
- You want a good quality tahini sauce so that it isn’t bitter.
- This makes about 2 cups sauce. Serving size is 1/4 cup.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.