This vegan taco salad is loaded with delicious ingredients! It’s nutritious, super versatile and easy to prep ahead. The perfect family meal!
It’s not often I find a salad that can fill me up and satisfy my hunger, but this one is so good! I love that we can mix it up and make them different every time.
Taco salads are basically all of your favorite taco flavors served up on a bed of greens. Healthy, and deliciously satisfying, you really can’t go wrong! Plus, they can be prepped in advance. That way when dinnertime rolls around it’s as easy as setting up a build your own taco salad buffet and everyone is happy!
One of the beautiful things about this salad is how creative you can get with mixing up the flavors. Here are some options to get you started:
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage mix
- Roasted corn
- Lentil walnut taco meat
- Black beans
- Spicy Cilantro Cream
How to Make Vegan Taco Salad
Prep your toppings and get to building! Here’s what to do:
- Load each bowl with the base ingredients.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
The flavors in the base of this salad are honestly delicious enough on their own. But let’s be real more flavor is always better! Try adding any of these to your salad:
- Red and/or green onion
- Shredded cheese or cheese sauce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla strips or chips
Tips and tricks
Here are a few helpful hints to making the best vegan taco salad:
- If you’re making the lentil walnut taco meat, you’ll only need ¼ of the recipe. Either reduce the recipe or make the whole batch and use it in the future!
- Add extra veggies like bell peppers and onions cooked fajita style.
- Keep it healthy and serve this salad in a bowl, or indulge and make a fried tortilla bowl.
- The taco meat, corn, and beans can either be served on the salad hot or cold.
- Save yourself at dinnertime, or meal prep for a week of lunches. Simply make the toppings in advance. Store in separate containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Yes you can! Prep the toppings in advance so all you have to do is dump everything in a bowl.
There are many options for what to put in a taco salad. Popular toppings include taco meat, beans, corn, onions, salsa, avocado, and cheese.
More Vegan Mexican Recipes
From healthy to hearty, these plant based South of the border inspired dishes will satisfy all your cravings:
Healthy Vegan Taco Salad Recipe
- Build the taco salad by putting 2 cups lettuce/cabbage into each bowl.
- Top with ¼ cup corn, ¼ cup taco meat, ¼ cup beans and ¼ an avocado.
- Drizzle on 2 tablespoons spicy cilantro cream.
- Top with any other garnishes you prefer.
- My lentil walnut taco meat makes 4 cups, so you only need ¼ the recipe. Or make the whole thing and freeze for later use.
- You can adapt this to be whatever you prefer with the toppings and main ingredients.
- The nutrition facts are for the main recipe only and do not include optional toppings. They will change depending on what you use.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.