This frozen wine slushie recipe is so easy and the perfect treat for a hot summer day! Four ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need for slushie success.
I love mixing up the flavors to make it different every time. All you need is different kinds of frozen fruit and different wine!
This post was originally published on May 6, 2021.
I have always loved frosé, so I decided to mix it up with other frozen wine drinks. These wine slushies came out perfect, especially when I mixed the flavors!
Wine Slushie Ingredients
Much like my wine popsicles, this Summer's poolside libations are next level and so simple! You can technically make these homemade wine slushies with only 2 ingredients, but here is what I recommend to up the flavor:
- Frozen fruit
- Wine of choice
- Lemon juice
How To Make Wine Slushies at Home
Making these frozen wine drinks is just too easy! Here's what to do:
- Layer if making multiple flavors.
One of the many great things about these wine slushies is how versatile they are! You really can't go wrong with any combination of flavors.
Any wine will work, I like to use sauvignon blanc. White wines will go well with any fruit. Whereas red wines pair better with berries. No matter the varietal, I like to look for healthier wines when I can!
Here are some ideas for what frozen fruit you can use:
Serve with a few whole pieces of fruit on top as a pretty garnish!
For the best wine slushies ever, follow these suggestions:
- Make your slushie more tart by adding lemon juice.
- For a sweeter slushie, add sugar.
- You can make each flavor separate and layer them as I have. Or, simply mix it all together!
- Prep in advance! Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. Then you can let them defrost a little, blend, and enjoy! (You may need to add a little more liquid to recapture the smooth consistency.)
- Pack in a boozy punch! Take a page out of sangria's book and add a shot of brandy, schnapps, or vodka.
You can quickly freeze any liquid into slushy form by sealing it into a quart sized zip top bag. Then place that bag in a gallon sized zip top bag filled with ice and salt. Shake until frozen!
These slushies however use frozen fruit which won't break down in the plastic bag method. A food processor can work in place of a blender to blend them up. If you don't have either, try using fresh fruits juice instead.
Let the frozen wine thaw in your refrigerator until it returns to liquid form.
Yes you can! Just pour your wine into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the wine ice cubes into an airtight freezer safe container.
Slushies are made by blending ice and liquid. This recipe uses frozen fruit in place of ice cubes, and wine for the liquid.
More Boozy Recipes
If you love these wine slushies and want more fun adult treats, check out these other recipes:
- Boozy Popsicles
- Pina Colada Popsicles
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
- Peach Grapefruit Basil Cocktail
- Strawberry Vodka Spritzer
- Bloody Maria
Frozen Wine Slushie Recipe
- Put everything into a blender and blend until frosty.
- Serve in your favorite glasses!
- The lemon juice and sugar will depend on the fruit and wine you use, taste and add if needed or preferred.
- I also froze these into ice cubes (I got 24 ice cubes) to use at a later date. Simply allow to defrost a little then blend. Add more wine or water/juice if needed to blend smoothly.
- This makes 3 eight ounce drinks. Serving size is one drink.
- Nutrition facts will vary depending on what ingredients you use.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.