Vegan pumpkin caramel sauce with no dairy or refined sugar but loaded on flavor actually does exist. Easy to make, and even easier to eat! Use this caramel sauce over ice cream, on cakes, tarts and more!
The taste of fall in a gooey sticky mess. This pumpkin caramel sauce will have you searching for new things to put it on, I may or may not have tried it on almost everything in my fridge and pantry. No dairy, no refined sugar but loaded with deliciousness.
I created this one night while on a caramel rampage. I was working on my newest mason jar dessert, when I went off on a tangent and just started whipping out all sorts of caramel.
I was a mad scientist and my kitchen was my lab. I would stop for nothing! Muahahahaha!!! I’m talking peanut butter, almond butter, cinnamon…the list goes on. But in the end the pumpkin was the finalist and last sauce standing.
I pretty much ate about half of this with a spoon while making it. And I may have slapped a few hands away, in full on “MINE!” toddler style. I’m not proud of my behavior, but I dare you to try and share.
The good news? This pumpkin caramel sauce is SO darn easy to make. Six ingredients. Whisk. Cook. Eat. Oh you may also want to let it cool before the eat part, just saying.
So go make this. Make a lot, because I promise you won’t want to share. Serve it with apples, cookies, a simple spoon. Whatever you can grab, dip and shove into your mouth! And then when you’re done wiping up the evidence, tell me how you ate it.
Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- Place ingredients into a small pot and whisk together well.
- Heat until you get a rolling boil, whisking the whole time.
- Allow to boil, while whisking, for about 10 minutes until you see it thicken. Stove tops vary so begin checking at 5 minutes.
- Test thickness by taking some out with a small spoon and cooling. It will thicken more as it cools.
- When done allow to cool and drizzle over food or eat with a spoon.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.