I love making this vegan chocolate milk at home. Simple ingredients, easy to make and a perfect treat at your fingertips any time you want it!
Anyone else grow up on Nesquik and Hershey’s chocolate milk? Well now you can make this childhood treat at home easier and simpler!
Flavored milk like banana milk or strawberry milk feels like such a treat, but it’s actually pretty healthy! This chocolate milk recipe is healthier than any store bought version since you’re only using simple ingredients. Plus, it’s super easy to do, so much so the kids can do it!
You only need two items to make this dairy free chocolate milk, they are:
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Milk
The steps for making homemade chocolate milk are are simple as the ingredients. Here’s what to do:
- Pour milk and chocolate syrup into cups.
Tips and tricks
Keep the following in mind when making vegan chocolate milk:
- Any dairy free milk will work. However, the creamier the milk, the creamier the chocolate milk will be.
- Adjust to your taste by adding more or less chocolate syrup.
- Get creative and try mixing in more flavors like mint, cinnamon, or vanilla. You can also use extra dark chocolate for a less sweet version, or add sweetener for an extra sweet one!
- Once mixed, you can store this chocolate milk in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The shelf life will depend on when your milk was opened. Most dairy free milks need to be consumed within 7 to 10 days from opening.
- Give the leftover milk a quick shake or stir to mix in any of the syrup that may have settled.
- Heat this up in the microwave on the stove for a simple hot chocolate. (Or try this vegan hot chocolate recipe for a thick and rich indulgence.)
Yes, there are now vegan options for milk chocolate. Many dark chocolates are already vegan, but the more mild milk chocolate is harder to come by. Trader Joe’s and other health food stores are a great place to look.
Vegan chocolate milk is made with dairy free milk and chocolate syrup.
There sure is! Making your own is so easy to do, and is the best way to control what ingredients go into it. However, there are store bought options as well.
More Kid Friendly Vegan Recipes
Keeping hungry kids satisfied is a full time job. Try these plant based recipes that have been approved by my 3 kids:
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- Refried Bean Burritos
- Broccoli Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- Vegan Jello
- Rice Krispie Treats
The Best Vegan Homemade Chocolate Milk
- 4 cups cold dairy free milk of choice
- ½ – ¾ cup homemade chocolate syrup
- Pour 1 cup milk into 4 glasses.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons chocolate syrup to each glass and stir to combine.
- The creamier the milk, the creamier the chocolate milk.
- Add more or less chocolate syrup for the flavor you prefer.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.