This easy pizza sauce recipe is so good and quick you’ll never buy it again! All you need is one bowl, 3 key ingredients and some spices.
I love making my own sauces, and this is a great one to make in bulk. I freeze it in portions and pull out anytime I need! It has the perfect flavor for all our pizza needs!
Not only is the flavor of making your own sauce amazing, but you know what’s in it! Many store bought options can have added unnecessary ingredients and even refined sugars. Using only plant based whole foods makes the sauce a healthier alternative. Plus, you can easily customize the ingredients to fit your taste!
If you don’t already have all of these simple ingredients, they should be easy to find at your local store. Here’s what you need:
- Tomato paste
- Veggie broth
- Dried thyme
- Smoked paprika
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Maple syrup
How To Make Pizza Sauce
Making your own pizza sauce could not be more easy! You’ll never go back to store bought again! Here’s what to do:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let the sauce rest then serve!
We love to use this sauce to make homemade pizzas. Prep a variety of toppings and let everyone build their own! Here are some topping ideas we enjoy:
- Vegan Sausage Crumbles
- Easy Mushroom Bacon
- Vegan Meatballs
- Basil Pesto
- Grateable Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Cashew Ricotta Cheese
Other than pizza, our absolute favorite way to enjoy this sauce is in a Vegan Pizza Burrito! I promise you this will be a new family go-to!
Tips and tricks
Making your own homemade pizza sauce is seriously SO easy! Here are a few suggestions for best results.
- The flavor will get better as it sits. Let the sauce rest for at least an hour, but overnight is best.
- Switch up the flavor by adding fresh herbs or roasted garlic!
- Make it on the spicy side by adding red pepper flakes.
- Salt to taste. Preference, dietary needs, and the sodium levels in the broth and tomato paste will all affect how much you need.
- This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- If you’re not going to use it within a week, freeze it! Store in airtight containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before using.
Mix tomato paste, vegetable broth, and seasonings together in a bowl and let rest before using.
If you have tomato paste or sauce, or even fresh tomatoes you can make your own. You can also just slice fresh tomatoes. If you don’t have any of those, you can just use olive oil and garlic. Or, get creative and make a BBQ pizza with BBQ sauce, or Mediterranean pizza with hummus!
Making your own pizza sauce is the best for homemade pizza! This recipe is simple to make with easy to find ingredients. You may even have them all already!
More Vegan Sauce Recipes
Get saucy! Making your own sauces is a great way to ensure you’re eating plant based whole foods with no added unnecessary ingredients or refined sugars. Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce (without butter!)
- Homemade Steak Sauce
- Gluten-Free Vegan Teriyaki Sauce
- Healthy Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Passion Fruit Syrup
The Best Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Allow to sit so that flavors can mesh together. It will be stronger and more flavorful the next day! Serve in all the things!
- You can freeze leftovers.
- This makes about 1 cup sauce. Serving size is 1/4 cup.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.