You're going to be blown away at how simple and incredibly flavorful this pizza burrito is! Made in under 30 minutes, vegan and so easy to put together!
You can customize this with any toppings you prefer, making it the perfect family friendly meal!
We love having these pizza burritos on the menu for those crazy days, which seem to be more and more often these days. Using my homemade easy pizza sauce, vegan Alfredo and my homemade vegan sausage makes this a super healthy meal!
How to Make Pizza Burritos
This pizza burrito can really have anything and everything you like! This recipe as written is the way we like it best, but feel free to change it up!
You can make or buy any of the ingredients. I make them the day before in bulk so everything is ready to use making this meal just about 20 minutes!
Here are the options we use regularly:
Step by Step Instructions
- Spread pizza sauce on tortillas.
- Top with spinach.
- Drizzle with Alfredo.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with sausage.
- Fold the sides inward.
- Tuck the top and roll.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake.
More Filling Suggestions
As mentioned, you can get creative and fill these burritos with your favorite vegan pizza toppings like:
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Artichoke hearts
Pair these burritos with any of the following for a complete filling meal:
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Watermelon Mint Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- Baked Eggplant Fries
- Prep ahead by making all of the sauces and sausage.
- You can also use store bought sauces and sausage for a super easy version.
- Make sure to select gluten free tortillas and sausage if you need to avoid gluten.
- The tortillas will be easier to roll up without breaking if they are soft.
- Cover the tortillas with a damp paper towel and warm them in the microwave for 1 minute, or in the oven for a few to soften them. Just make sure not to overdo it and make them crispy!
Definitely! As long as the tortillas are vegan, which many store bought ones are, you can fill it with all sorts of plant based fillings. You can make an Ultimate Vegan Burrito or Breakfast Burrito with all the classic Mexican food flavors, or this pizza burrito is totally vegan as well!
Really you can put anything on a pizza or inside of a pizza burrito, but classic flavors include: mushrooms, spinach, vegan sausage, onions, tomatoes, olives, broccoli, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, and any of your favorite plant based meat alternatives!
More Vegan Family Meals
Keep the whole family fed and happy with these delicious and nutritious plant based recipes:
- Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla
- The Best Vegan Grilled Cheese
- Loaded Vegan Nachos
- Vegan Taquitos
- Carrot Dogs
- Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
Incredible Baked Pizza Burrito (Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 C).
- Soften your tortillas by covering with a damp paper towel and warming them in the microwave for 1 minute. You can use an oven as well but you want to make sure you are steaming it not making it crispy.
- Once warm, put 1 ¼ tablespoons pizza sauce in the middle of each, spread out long ways.
- Place ¼ cup spinach over the pizza sauce.
- Drizzle 1 ½ tablespoons Alfredo sauce over spinach.
- Place ¼ cup mushrooms on the top.
- Cover with ¼ cup cheese.
- Add the sausage, separate it equally in all 4 tortillas.
- Fold sides of tortilla inward until ends touch.
- Next, fold bottom of tortilla over the middle and tuck it tight as you roll it all into a burrito with both ends folded closed. See pictures in post.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet, seam side down, for 20-25 minutes until crisp on the outside and edges are beginning to brown. Allow to cool, then devour!
- You can add or take away any ingredients you prefer.
- Nutrition facts are for them as is.
- Make all sauces and sausage. Or use store bought for a super easy version
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.