Two favorite foods unite in this ultimate vegan creation. This pizza burrito is easy to make and will quickly become your new favorite!
Pizzarito. The ultimate comfort food for the busy mom, dad, person of any kind. You are welcome. I have made your life complete because this vegan pizza burrito is pretty much heaven wrapped in a burrito and placed on my plate.
I swear the lights came down from up above and lit this baby up in all of it’s glory the day I created it. Then all was magically quiet as they shoved a pizza burrito into their sweet little mouths.
I use two sauce for this:
Feel free to make or buy! You can also sub the Alfredo with your fave cheese.
I also used my Chickpea Vegan Sausage Crumbles. Now these are totally optional. But I loved the added layer of flavor. My only note is that these were created as a very flavorful topping on their own.
So, I cut all the spices in half when making them for this so they don’t take over the flavor. They can be fussy like that, the divas that they are. Another option is to simply bake crumbled chickpeas plain, because the pizza sauce has plenty of flavor.
So are you convinced that this vegan pizza burrito is a must have? If you have the sauces done, and why wouldn’t you because they should be a staple in your fridge, then this meal can be done in under 30 minutes, most of it being baking time. Seriously friends! Fill, Fold, Roll, Bake.
Vegan Pizza Burrito
- 1 tortilla , gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach , measure packed
- 1/4 cup mushrooms , sliced (any kind work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce , homemade or store bought
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan Alfredo sauce , homemade or store bought (or sub with some cheese)
- 1 tablespoon Chickpea Vegan Sausage Crumbles (optional, see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Warm your tortilla in the microwave for 1 minute (cover with damp paper towel to soften). You can use an oven as well but you want to make sure you are steaming it not making it crispy.
- Once warm, put 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce in the middle, spread out long ways.
- Place 1/4 cup spinach over pizza sauce.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons Alfredo sauce over spinach.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chickpea crumbles over cream sauce.
- Place 1/4 cup mushrooms on the top.
- Fold sides of tortilla inward until ends touch.
- Next, fold bottom of tortilla over the middle and tuck it tight as you roll it all into a burrito with both ends folded closed. See pictures above.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets, seam side down, for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then devour!
- If using the chickpea sausage crumbles, make them with only half of the seasonings. The pizza sauce is very flavorful so it may be too many flavors if both are used in full strength. Alternatively you could also just used plain chopped chickpeas, either crispy baked or not.
- Make all sauces and chickpeas, slice mushrooms.
- Saute chopped spinach, chopped mushrooms and plain chopped chickpeas and serve with cream sauce mixed in. You can also puree this for young baby.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.