This vegan scramble recipe is so easy and delicious. Filled with any veggies you like, protein and the perfect way to start the day!
While smoothies and oatmeal are an easy go to on most mornings for me, I love a hearty savory breakfast just as much. This recipe is simple yet delicious!
Omelettes are great but can be a bit tricky, whereas scrambles you can’t really mess up! They’re easy enough to make in a hurry while still being nutritious which is great for weekdays or even busy weekends. They also go great with a number of other breakfast items when you have a bit more time to make a full spread.
In order to make a fully loaded vegan scramble you will need to gather the following ingredients:
How to Make a Vegan Scramble
As I mentioned, this vegan egg scramble recipe is foolproof! Here are the easy steps to take:
- Add the veggies and seasonings to a pan over medium heat.
- Sauté until tender and set aside.
- Begin to cook the eggs in the pan.
- Once they start to firm up, add the veggies back in.
The great thing about this vegan egg scramble is that it’s so easy to customize! Try out a variety of flavor combinations using any of the following:
- Mushroom Bacon
- Vegan Sausage
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts
- Feta Cheese
- Dairy Free Cheddar or other melty cheese
This dish makes a great quick weekday breakfast. However, when you have a little more time you can serve with the following recipes for a complete vegan breakfast spread:
- French Toast Sticks
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Fruit Salad
- Biscuits with Jam
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few more helpful hints that will come in handy when making your vegan scramble:
- Some veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach release water while cooking, make sure to sauté them until the moisture evaporates.
- Depending on which eggs and mix ins you use, you may or may not need the salt and pepper.
- Dairy free cheese tends to take longer to melt so if you sprinkle it over the cooked veggies it will melt better.
- Prep ahead of time by chopping up the veggies and storing them in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to cook. You can even pre-cook the veggies and simply add them to the eggs.
There are a number of plant-based egg option made from tofu, chickpea flour, or legumes.
People following a vegan diet should not eat standard eggs, as they are an animal product. However there are a number of plant-based egg options that are great alternatives for vegans.
The same way as normal eggs! Add to a pan over medium heat and cook while stirring until firm.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Kick the day off the right way with any of these filling and delicious plant-based recipes:
- Gallo Pinto
- Vegan Omelet
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- The Ultimate Breakfast Burrito
- Savory Spinach Oatmeal
- The Best Spinach Banana Smoothie
- French Toast
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Zucchini Bread
Vegan Egg Scramble Recipe (With Tofu and Without)
- 4 cups vegan egg , either tofu or chickpea flour recipe or store bought vegan egg
- 2 cups veggies of choice , I used mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, and spinach.
- 1 cup dairy free cheese of choice , optional
- 1 cup protein of choice , I used my vegan bacon (optional)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon sea salt , may not need if egg, cheese and protein choice has plenty
- ½ teaspoon pepper , may not need if egg choice has plenty of flavor
- Sliced green onions , optional for garnish
- In a pan over medium heat, saute veggies with drizzle of oil, or broth, and salt and pepper if using. I add the greens last. Add the protein here if it needs to be cooked. Set aside. A trick I use is to add the cheese here. Dairy free cheese tends to take longer to melt so if you warm it with the cooked veggies it will melt better.
- Using the same pan, cook the vegan egg and follow the recipe for the egg variety you use, scrambling the egg as stated.
- Once you see it firm up a bit, add the cooked veggies, cheese and protein to the pan.
- Mix a few more minutes until you see the cheese melting.
- Use any veggies you love, just be mindful of the ones that will give a watery result, and saute those well.
- Nutrition facts are for the eggs, veggies and my portobello bacon recipe. Cheese not counted as it varies so much.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.