This vegan BLT with avocado is amplified in flavor with homemade portobello mushroom bacon and amazing saucy spread! Easy and delicious.
This post was originally published on November 18, 2016.
I love a good easy sandwich and this one is so uber flavorful. It’s made even extra delicious by adding avocado and slathering on some good sauce!
Sandwiches really are a life saver. They’re so easy to throw together after a busy day, and I never get a complaint from the kids on sandwich night!
It helps that they’re so easy to customize, so each sandwich can be tailored to everyone’s taste. Happy kids with full bellies makes for one happy mom!
This versatile sandwich can be easily made with a variety of ingredients, but I like to use the following:
- Portobello bacon (or you can use this coconut bacon or any bacon you prefer!)
- Garlic Aioli
How To Make A Vegan BLT
It couldn’t be easier to make this amazing sandwich!
- Gather your ingredients and spread aioli on top.
Switch up the toppings for variety!
- Try using different greens like spinach arugula, or even cabbage.
- Spread a different sauce like Vegan Buffalo Sauce, Healthy BBQ Sauce, or Homemade Vegan Ranch Dressing.
- Instead of sliced avocado, use this easy guacamole.
Food to serve with vegan BLTs
Serve the sandwiches along with any of these dishes for a complete meal:
- Healthy Baked Onion Rings
- Baked Broccoli Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- Oven Baked Asparagus Fries
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Caesar Dressing
- Or any of these Healthy Vegan Soups
Tips and tricks
- Set up a make your own sandwich bar so each family member can assemble their own custom creation!
- Any bread will work, in my opinion hearty, flavorful breads are best. Make sure to use your favorite gluten free bread to make this recipe gluten free.
- I used Portobello Bacon for this, you could also use Coconut Bacon, or your store bought favorite.
- Save time at dinner by prepping the toppings ahead of time, all that’s left to do is assemble!
There is! There are a variety of store bought bacon alternatives you can find at your local store, it seems more options are being added all the time! You can also make your own smokey & salty vegan bacon from mushrooms or coconut as I mentioned, or use eggplant, tofu, or tempeh.
A vegan BLT is a sandwich made with a vegan alternative to bacon, lettuce, and tomato. I like to add extra flavor with avocado and sauces!
More Sandwich Recipes
Whether it’s for lunch or for a soup & sandwich kind of night, these plant based sandwiches will keep you satisfied!
- Falafel Sandwich
- Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Vegan Cheesesteak
- Apple, Arugula, and Smoky Tempeh Sandwich
- Pulled “Pork” Mushroom Sandwich
The Ultimate Vegan BLT with Avocado
- Spread the aioli on the slices of bread, I like to get both sides.
- Build the sandwich with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can sub with any other type of bacon you prefer.
- Nutrition facts do not include avocado or spread. They will change depending on bread used and added toppings.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.