This vegan PB&J smoothie will be slurped up in no time! It’s healthy, packed with greens and is the perfect kid treat.
This post was originally published on March 16, 2014.
My kids love smoothies and I love how easy it is to fill them with greens in a way that they will eat it right up! This smoothie is super quick and easy and such a great way to get in those greens.
Seriously, finding ways to get kids to eat healthy food can be a chore. It’s great when they feel like they’re getting a treat but reallllly it’s just a diabolical plan I’ve hatched to sneak in nutrients they need. Bonus, I get to enjoy it too!
In order to make this fabulously delicious vegan peanut butter and jelly smoothie you’ll need:
How to Make a Vegan PB&J Smoothie
Quick and easy to make recipes that are satisfying are my favorite, and this is definitely quick and easy to make!
- Blend everything up.
Tips and tricks
For the best PB&J smoothie, keep these tips in mind:
- Any berries will work for this recipe, I prefer using a mix.
- You can substitute the maple syrup for 3-4 pitted dates.
- Coconut milk will make the smoothie the most creamy, but any dairy free milk will work.
- Adjust the thickness of the smoothie by adding more milk to thin it out.
- Add more maple syrup for a sweeter smoothie, or don’t use as much for a less sweet one.
- Spinach is a great way to sneak in veggies as the flavor isn’t overpowering. Other leafy greens work, as well as zucchini, squash, cucumber, carrots, and cauliflower.
I use peanut butter, but you can sub it out for almond butter or cashew butter if you prefer.
Prep smoothies ahead of time by portioning out the ingredients except the milk. Store them in airtight jars or bags in the freezer so they’re ready to go straight in the blender!
It depends what you put in them but YES they certainly can be, like this one! Smoothies are a great easy way to pack in tons of delicious healthy ingredients while sneaking in extra greens!
More Smoothie Recipes
If you’re looking to mix it up with a variety of healthy vegan smoothie flavors, check out these other recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Protein Coffee Smoothie
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Cashew Cacao Chunk Smoothie
- Healthy Pina Colada Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Spinach Protein Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie
The Best Vegan PB&J Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and mix until well blended. Add more milk to get preferred thickness.
- You can use any berries you prefer, I like a mix for flavor.
- Adjust the sweetness and thickness to your preference.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.