Looking for a quick way to serve fresh meals to your family when you just can’t cook from start to finish? Terra’s Kitchen is your answer! Meals that come prepped with fresh ingredients, ready to cook in under 30 minutes. Healthy organic food delivery that actually tastes good! Now that’s a win in my book. We tried three of their recipes: Pasta Puttanesca and Arugula Salad, Sweet Potato Tacos, and Vegetarian Tacos.
I am a food blogger. Obviously. Cooking is my thing. I love it. I could spend all day in my kitchen creating new recipes and be in heaven. But once in a while, even a foodie needs a break. Enter Terra’s Kitchen. When they first contacted me about working together and trying out their meal delivery service, the timing could not have been better. We were going through some serious family stuff and I needed a break.
The ordering process is so easy. You can pick the meals you want from a wide range of options from meat to vegan, fill your delivery vessel and pick your delivery date. When my vessel arrived at my door I was more than impressed. The vessel is amazing! Not to mention, it’s reusable and can be used up to 100 times.
I selected a combo of vegan meal options to try, along with a few vegetarian ones that I was going to veganize by leaving out certain ingredients. I was really impressed by the quality of food that arrived. Everything came divided and prepared, labeled so I knew what went with what, and there were loads of fresh ingredients! I love the recipe cards that come with each meal too. Not only does it have pictures for your step by step directions, but it has info on calories, time to table, nutrients it provides and on the back it also has a bonus wine/beer pairing! SCORE.
I’ve always been skeptical of things that give a prep time (probably why you rarely see it here on my blog). Everyone is different in how they cook and prepare meals. I rarely get to make a meal from start to finish without many interruptions from at least one of my 3 kiddos. Life of a mom. But when I was able to actually get these meals done within the 30 minute time frame, I was impressed to say the least!
The recipe I’ll be sharing today is the Pasta Puttanesca. It’s a vegetarian recipe, but I made it plant-based by leaving out the cheese. It also comes with a side salad that does contain honey, so if you do not do honey, then it’s very easy to sub it with some maple syrup you have laying around. The other thing to be aware of is that the pasta that comes with it says that it “may” contain egg in it. Kind of a bummer to have to use your own pasta, BUT I did email them about it and it’s definitely something they are looking into! So if that was changed, then this meal is uber vegan friendly and easily adaptable! Plus, it was SO good.
Reasons why I loved Terra’s Kitchen and would definitely order again:
- The ordering process is super easy. I love that you can quickly find which meals don’t have meat.
- The recipe cards are gorgeous, professional and so useful.
- They give you wine and beer pairings. I mean COME ON!! Best idea ever.
- They give some “pro” tips for cooking the meal.
- Awesome nutrition info including nutrients the meal provides.
- Healthy, organic, fresh meals on your table in under 30 minutes!
And because they are so awesome, if you want to try them out you can get $30 off your first order! Use the code VEGBITE30!!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes? Try these out!
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- Vegan Pasta Bake with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pesto
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Butternut Squash Lasagna Roll Ups
Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
For the pasta:
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-3 teaspoons red pepper flakes , optional depending on how spicy you want it
- drizzle oil for sautéing , or broth if oil free
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley , save 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces penne pasta , gluten-free if needed or other shape of choice
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese , optional for serving
- Add tomatoes, garlic, red pepper and salt with oil or broth into a pan and simmer 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in olives, capers, thyme and all but 2 tablespoons parsley (save for garnish).
- Cook 1 more minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- Add pasta to the hot sauce and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and top with Parmesan if desired and serve!
- You can serve this with many things, like spaghetti squash if you don't want to do pasta.
- Parmesan is optional but highly recommended
- Nutrition facts do not include optional items
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Terra’s Kitchen. The opinions and text are all mine.