This vegan ganache recipe is easy to make and tastes incredible. It's made with 4 simple ingredients and is so indulgent!
This has got to be one of the most indulgent recipes ever. You will have zero idea that it is made without dairy, without butter and with only 4 simple ingredients. Feel free to stuff your face asap!
How to Make Vegan Ganache Frosting
Ganache is generally made from chocolate and cream and is used as a glaze, sauce, or icing. It can also be whipped into a decadent frosting. This version, however, uses only plant based ingredients to create the most amazing flavor and consistency! Best part? The ganache is ready in just 10 minutes!
Step by Step Instructions
To make a vegan ganache dip or drizzle:
- Warm the coconut cream and add in chocolate chips, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
To make a ganache frosting:
- Allow the ganache to firm in the fridge.
- Whip it with a hand held beater or stand mixer.
- Use the frosting right away.
What to Serve with Vegan Ganache
This decadent recipe pairs perfectly with so many treats! Here are a few ways to put it to use:
As a drizzle or dip:
- Baked Churros
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Healthy Cookie Dough
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Fluffy Chocolate Pancakes
- Fresh Fruit
As a frosting:
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Banana Bread
- Peppermint Brownies
- If you can't find coconut cream on its own, place a can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, or the freezer for 2-3 hours. Once chilled, the top layer will be the coconut cream.
- Make sure to remove the cream from the heat before stirring in the chocolate chips and whisk continuously until your desired consistency is reached. Too much heat will result in the ganache seizing up.
- Sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon, cayenne, or chipotle to give a bit of extra flavor.
- The ganache and ganache frosting will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To return the ganache to its liquid consistency, place it in a pan over low heat on the stove. Stir until it starts to melt then turn off the heat and keep stirring. Use immediately.
- You can also make the ganache ahead of time, then whip it into a frosting right before using.
Heat coconut cream with seasonings on the stove then mix in dairy free chocolate chips until melty and smooth. See the recipe card or post for more details.
Your best bet is prevention. Heat the coconut cream (without letting it boil), REMOVE the pan from the heat source, then mix in the chocolate. However if your ganache is broken, or grainy, there are a couple fixes you can try. If it's still warm, try mixing in more warm cream, or more chocolate. If it has cooled down, return to a saucepan over low heat and whisk till it comes back together.
The best way to extend the shelf life of ganache is to keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Then all it needs is a quick reheat and whisk and it's ready to go!
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
Satisfy all your sweet tooth needs with these gluten-free and plant based desserts:
Vegan Ganache Frosting Recipe
- Warm coconut cream in a saucepan over low heat. Once it’s melted and just beginning to bubble, turn off the heat and add in chocolate chips, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. This will take a little bit but you don’t want to heat the chocolate any more on the stove as it can seize up.
To use as a dip or drizzle:
- Use right away
To use as a frosting:
- Place in the fridge to firm up, about 1-2 hours.
- Remove and use a hand held beater or stand mixer to whip up.
- Use immediately to decorate cupcakes or spread over a cake.
- Coconut cream is the top layer from a can of full fat coconut milk, stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freezer for 2-3 hours. You need about 1 can of full fat coconut milk to get ½ cup coconut cream. Some brands also sell the cream alone (like Thai Kitchen).
- This makes about 1 cup, serving size is 2 tablespoons
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.