Grateable Vegan Parmesan like you’ve never seen. 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to freshly grated Parmesan every night of the week!
Vegan Parmesan after vegan Parmesan and then even more Parmesan. I had to add to the madness because when I accidentally made this version (after the invention of my vegan Cotija cheese), I had found a winner. There is nothing like a freshly grated Parmesan cheese and this vegan variety is no different!
The food police are not welcome!
I always find it funny when you get those people yelling at the internet upset that people call vegan varieties of cheese, cheese. They want you to spell it cheeze, or call it something else entirely. Last time I checked, on my blog and in my business I can actually call it what I want.
And guess what? If you look up the latest definition of cheese on the Merriam-Webster site (aren’t they like the inventor of the dictionary?), it actually has definition 2 that states “Something resembling cheese in shape or consistency.” Well that my friends is what I bring to you today.
It’s legit vegan parmesan cheese!
Looks like a cheese wheel to me! And did you see that grated pile in the first photo? Yep, looks just like the dairy filled parmesan you see at the store. But how about flavor? Well, I have had several people eat it (some knew it was vegan and some, did not). But none, I repeat none, questioned it.
Parmesan is often mixed in, topped, crusted, coated…and for all of these things, this vegan variety is amazing. It gives you that creamy, salty and tangy flavor you’re looking for. I am not saying that if you eat it side by side with dairy filled parmesan you won’t be able to tell which is which, but I am saying that it is pretty darn close and it will definitely fill that void and then some 😉
I’ve never seen anything like it!
In my long search to see if anything similar was out there, I couldn’t find a single recipe that was like this, this simple and using only whole food easy to find ingredients. So excited to have discovered this fun new way to make an easy grateable Parmesan!
So if you’re reading this and want to include it in your own recipe, it would be great to refer others to my recipe instead of copying it and posting it elsewhere. Thanks for supporting recipe creativity!
More Cheesy Vegan Dishes You Might Like;
- Green mac and cheese
- Vegan Mexican Chili Cheese Dip
- The perfect vegan cheese and dip platter
- Vegan queso blanco (Mexican white cheese dip)
Grateable Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Place dry cashews in a food processor and blend until they are a fine crumble.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until incorporated. Stop here if you prefer not to grate this but simply use it in crumbled form.
- If you are shaping it into a wheel to grate, then you can keep blending until smooth. It should come together into a ball, almost soft and dough like.
- Shape into a wheel and refrigerate overnight. You can use plastic wrap to store it in or shape with your hands and store in an airtight container.
- It will be ready to grate in the morning, but if you can't wait keep checking for hardness every few hours!
- This also stores very well in the freezer if you know you won't use it all within 7 days.
- Keep cheese cold in the fridge until ready to grate. It will soften and not grate well if left out. It also stores very well in the freezer for extended periods of time.
- The white vinegar is what gives this recipe the sharpness and tanginess of Parmesan. If you sub it then you will not get the same flavor.
- You can also just use this crumbled straight from the food processor or store crumbled in the fridge if you don’t want to grate it. If you simply store it crumbled, it will harden as crumbles in the fridge.
- This makes 1 wheel about 5 inches by one inch, or a little over 1 ¼ cup grated. Serving size is 1 tablespoon.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.