Healthy vegan recipes for any type of eater. Comfort food extreme without all the bad ingredients, vegan food from breakfast to dessert.
These healthy vegan recipes are hands down amazing. I’m talking drool inducing, out of this world, damn I need that kind of food. Desserts, main dishes, appetizers, you name it.
I dare you to eat just one bite. You CAN have your cake and eat it too (or pasta or burritos or burgers or even onion rings).
Healthy vegan food that tastes amazing
I am a no compromise girl when it comes to food. If it’s not good, I don’t eat it. Which is why I take a balanced approach when I eat. And it’s also why I create so many healthy comfort foods.
My cheese sauces are some of my top recipes, especially my Ultimate Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce. And my Ranch Dressing is legit like regular dairy ranch. If there is a non vegan food I love, I will recreate it!
How do I eat a healthy vegan diet?
First, I am not a dietician. I am not a nutritionist. And I am not a doctor. Any time you decide to fully change your diet, you should always talk to a health professional.
But one thing I can do, is help guide you to delicious healthy vegan foods recipes to add into your current diet plan. Because eating plant based food is not an all or nothing thing.
When I create my recipes, I try and think big picture. Do I have some sort of protein? Do I have a healthy fat source? Do I have veggies? I like to include most of the main things our body needs.
Now I also create plant based foods without these things, think healthier vegan desserts (and by healthier I mean a step up from the butter, dairy, etc filled others). But you get the picture.
By the way, if you are stuck in a dinner rut and need some help there, I have a comprehensive FREE guide on weekly meal planning that comes with a FREE 3 day meal plan and shopping list! Join here!
What are the best vegan foods?
Because food is such a part of my life, and so is being healthy, I love making healthy vegan recipes to replace all the unhealthy ones we love. I also like to create new ones.
This is a list of the top recipes on my site that everyone thinks are amazing, vegan or not!
Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- FLUFFY VEGAN CHOCOLATE PANCAKES: These are a mom’s best friend. Super easy to make, just mix and cook.
- BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST BREAKFAST MUFFINS: The cheaters french toast. Except you are not cheating yourself in flavor because this easy to put together dish is absolutely delicious!
- APPLE CINNAMON SCONES WITH EASY CINNAMON GLAZE: This is the scone recipe for the every day baker. The combination of apple and cinnamon is insanely good and the texture is to die for. Bonus, it’s easy to make!
Healthy Vegan Appetizer and Side Dish Recipes
- BAKED PROTEIN PACKED VEGAN BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER DIP : Ummmm, does this amazingness even need an explanation? You. Won’t. Stop. Eating.
- VEGAN QUESO BLANCO (MEXICAN WHITE CHEESE DIP): Gooey, creamy, with a touch of spice. I suggest dipping chips but won’t blame you if you stick your face right in.
- WORLD’S BEST GREEK VEGAN SPANAKOPITA: This hands down tastes just like my mom’s original. No one at our Christmas dinner new any different!
- VEGAN BRUSCHETTA CHEESE BALL: Creamy, tangy and perfectly spreadable on anything you want. This non dairy cheese stands up to it’s original cheesy counterparts.
- HEALTHY VEGAN ARTICHOKE SPINACH DIP: So creamy, warm and amazing you will totally forget this has no dairy.
- CRISPY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE BALLS: Take the steps to make these crispy balls or just shovel the mac and cheese into your face. Either way, you won’t regret it. Unless you eat so many you puke, then you might.
Healthy Vegan Dinner Recipes
- VEGAN CREAMY PESTO, TOMATO AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA: I know, lasagna is a b$%@# to make. I’m telling you though, this is worth every minute you spend. The flavors in here are incredible.
- GOLDEN FRENCH LENTIL STEW: This is a recipe from Oh She Glows Every Day, the second cookbook from the amazing Angela. It’s a HUGE reader favorite, and literally warms you from the inside out.
- PIZZA BURRITO AND EASY PIZZA SAUCE: I have no words for this amazing recipe. My only warning is that you may get hooked. I think I ate these for 2 weeks straight. Good thing they are so darn healthy!
- VEGAN BUFFALO WING SLIDERS AND THE BEST RANCH DRESSING: If you think vegan food sucks after eating this, then you better get your head checked. This ranch dressing is LEGIT. It’s incredible and not only tastes like the dairy filled kind, but it’s in fact better. It’s from my new cookbook, check it out!
- SHARP WHITE MAC AND CHEESE BAKE: Creamy, crispy topping with a sharp bite. I have served this at multiple family dinners and they have attacked it like hungry wolves. Nuff said.
- CLASSIC HEALTHY BOLOGNESE SAUCE: Get your stretchy pants out because this is the ultimate in comfort food. It’s like being wrapped in a warm blanket by a roaring fire. Every bite of this vegan bolognese will take you further and further into food heaven.
- GREEK LENTIL SOUP: My Greek mama’s specialty, this soup reminds me of home. Simple, easy to make and perfect for a cozy night in.
- 20 MINUTE VEGAN COCONUT CURRY SOUP: So easy to throw together you will be shocked at the flavor punch it holds. Comforting type of delicious that warms you from the belly out.
- VEGAN ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP: The smoky undertones make this delicious soup unique in flavor. Tastes fancy but it is really easy to throw together. Perfect paired with these sandwiches too!
- BBQ CAULIFLOWER BITES BOWL: When you’re looking for a fast meal, but want to cover all your bases with flavor and extreme healthy, this is it. The flavor and and texture mix is perfection.
- LOW FAT EASY BLACK BEAN BURGERS: Nothing required but your hands and a bowl. Mix, shape and serve these up in no times. Super customizable to fit anyone’s needs!
- HIGH-PROTEIN LOW-FAT VEGAN TACO MEAT AND CRISPY TACOS: A family favorite, I keep this taco meat handy for all the things. Especially fully loaded tacos!
- ULTIMATE CREAMY VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE: A healthy way to satisfy your fake cheese craving. Make this as mac and cheese, or throw it over nachos, either way it’s legit.
- HEALTHY VEGAN GYROS: The cornerstone of greek indulgence gone healthy. These satisfy my greek food craving like no other. Especially packed with fries and smothered in amazing Vegan Tzatziki Sauce.
Healthy Vegan Dessert Recipes
- GRAIN-FREE SEA SALT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: These take 1 bowl and 20 minutes. They use ingredients you know and are so easy, I have made them with one kid hanging on my leg and the other screaming. You simply cannot eat just one.
- VEGAN 7-LAYER DESSERT LASAGNA: Yeah, this is real. You are not dreaming. Although this one isn’t exactly “healthy” but I had to include it in this list.
- FLOURLESS 5 MINUTE S’MORES MOLTEN LAVA CAKE: You read that right. 5 minutes. This is a quick, microwave fix for your sweet tooth. And plus, s’mores.
- VEGAN LAYERED PUMPKIN DESSERT: This is probably the easiest fancy dessert you will find. Even though it isn’t the holidays, you have to keep this one in your back pocket.
- CARAMEL DATE SWEETENED BROWNIES: If you want to gorge on brownies but don’t want to be loaded with unhealthy ingredients, these right here are your answer. Not only do they stand up to the real thing, these brownies may even be better. Healthy ingredients for that perfect brownie bite.
- VEGAN GLUTEN FREE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE: 30 minutes of mix and bake to these incredible healthy strawberry shortcakes. It’s the perfect light treat!
- RAW VEGAN PROTEIN PACKED BROWNIE BATTER BITES: 7 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make. So fudgy and delicious you will not believe these are actually healthy.
Is it healthier to be vegan?
All of our bodies are different, so what works for one person may not work for another. No one dictates how many plant-based meals you must have in your diet, one to all it’s up to you.
Incorporating as many plant based meals as you can is great, but living a balanced life so you don’t go insane is just as important.
There is no way you can eat these healthy vegan recipes and think that you are sacrificing anything however. Healthy vegan food that tastes incredible is real life and this food proves it!
From appetizers all the way to desserts, I have you covered on all bases!
Healthy and happy eating!